The building was constructed in 1616, rebuilt in 1902 and 2002. At various times (up to 80 years of the twentieth century.) there were placed various organizations: Jesuit College, City College, community organizations, school № 1, museum, shops.
In 1994, the Bar officially registered the religious community of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. From 01.02.1995, by decision of the Executive Committee of the Bar District Council, the premises of the house and the adjoining land assigned to it were transferred to the private property of the Bar UGCC. In 1996 the Greek Catholic community of the city transferred the house with the adjacent territory under the development of the monastery with the church to the property of the Vasilian Fathers. From 1875 to 1876, Mikhailo Kotsiubynskyi, an outstanding Ukrainian writer, studied in an elementary school that existed there.