The church was established in 1811, according to historical data, for the sacred Order of Dominicans, very popular among Western Catholics of the 18th century.
It is believed that in the XVI century, the church already existed on the site, which was later completed and rebuilt. There is a possibility that the church had a different name - St. Nicholas. Since then, the temple has changed its appearance and internal structure several times, but the modern look it acquired only in 1908.